Friday, February 27, 2009

psalm 39

With verses about being speechless, Psalm 39 was poignant last night while Ally read with Pads. Earlier, Ally had been back to work for the first time in 6 months, and she had heard that a colleague's relative in their early twenties was in a fatal decline after their cancer had returned. Here again, Psalm 39 has something to say to us all:
4LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.
5Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity.
6Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
7And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
After a really optomistic start to the week, Pads, sad in bed, is a pathetic sight. But, as a carer, it is still wonderful to see the feed and water going in relentlessly. He's comfortable and reading lots... able to raise a smile. We just need him to pull out of this particular trapdoor.

No comments: