Thursday, October 15, 2009

good night until about 4am

They'd just been congratulating themselves on a 'good night' when things started to 'happen' - nothing life-threatening, but it was a bit of a shock, and then Al had a coughing fit for an hour.
Last night we were having a chat about 'after' chemo and to what extent P would recover and how quickly. Rhys is predicted to need a year before he feels well. It's tempting to see just two outcomes - return to normal or enduring defecits that are life diminishing. The reality will be neither, or at least a mixture of the two. Looking back it is also tempting to see a year plus laid waste. In fact, in many ways, even because of the harshness of it, it has been a jubilee year. Few will suffer like Job, whose wife said, 'curse God and die' (charming!). Yet the Lord has made us more than conquerers over sin, death and hell, and though... 'My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.' (Psalm 73)
Today Boaz is incredibly motivated to be in school with Mrs B, doing craft and design, plus hockey after school. He even ate his oats when I said I doubted he was well enough.

No comments: