Tuesday, August 26, 2008

bit of a disturbed night

Ally says that they both had a disturbed night last night due to the heart monitor alarm going off as Pads relaxed - not to mention the hourly nursing observations being taken. We were thinking that a day or two with limited visits but now that's compulsory - please bear with us on that.
Another neurosurgeon came by and did all their checks (for example, asking Pads to push with his feet, follow a moving finger with his eyes, squeeze both hands) and they're convinced he does not need another scan which is good news. His tight chest has eased a bit and they are sure that his double-vision will also improve with time. In himself though he's tired and longing to get better - didnt even want to use a PSP!!!
Friends have assured us that guardian angels attend our little ones which is a lovely thought and reality - but God's 'presence and promise' are even more wonderful; for example (as someone sent via sms today):
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)
Furthermore, as someone else kindly wrote...
Was driving past the hospital tonight thinking of you and just had a thought of a hymn which I'm sure you've already thought about but a few lines struck me as I was singing them to myself and I wanted to share them with you.
It's no. 87. 'Great providence of heaven'. I know you know it really well so not going to write it all out. Just these bits:
"fulfils the mighty plan Of His great love"
It struck me that it is not just a plan - it is a *mighty* plan. A plan that has as it's underpinnings Gods great love and care for His people.
Then
"and then the tale of wonder shall be told beyond the veil"
I thought - it's not going to be a 'tale of suffering' or a 'tale of trials', it's a tale of *wonder*. Thinking 1 Cor 2:9. We shall see with complete and utter amazement everything working to our good and the glory of God.
He will not fail, nor fail us.

No comments: