So we started thinking up funny quips he could dish out. For example:
- Well!? Where do you think all the spagetti comes from?! It doesn't grow on trees you know.
- Ah yes, I was eating spagetti - I always stuggle with getting it on the fork, so I find the end and sniff hard.
- It's spagetti, saved it for later - would you like me to cut you off a bit?
- In a previous life I was a bedside light.
- It's the draw-string for my eye-lids
Asher had a great time at the Arms Park, scored a few tries and generally impressed those who watched. Ally arrived just too late to see him and I was in a meeting, but I think there will be plenty of other opportunities, if he carries on like this. Tag-rugby is a great form of the game: the kids have velcro tags that they wear on their flanks. Instead of tackling, you grab a tag and hand it to your oponent. So there's none of the risky violence and lots of the essential skills development.